I did it! (again)


Phew...I finished the race. This is a picture with Lauren, my running buddy who literally willed me to train with her superb motivational chatter! She is pretty awesome.

So the race. It went well. The first 6-7ish miles were great. I kept about a 10 and a half minute pace. Then my stupid IT band, yes that is the technical term, stupid IT band, flared and tightened. The lovely result of being slightly pigeon-toed. I was immediately reminded of the stretches and training I was given in college to ease this injury.

Enough whining? I finished the race and was so satisfied with the results that I am considering another race, Memorial Day Weekend at the Chesterton Tea Party. Just to clarify, I still don't like running.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Land Of Nod: Design for Kids and People That Used to be Kids