Tuesday Tacos


 

 
 
These are some seriously good chicken tacos. Last Spring, after returning to work and being a bit frantic juggling life with baby, having several family emergencies, including out of town travel, these tacos became my happy place. A dear friend saw our little family floundering and stepped in to cook us one of the best dinners I have ever had. These chicken tacos, complete with all the fixings and warm straight from her oven corn tortillas. I will always be greatful for her servant's heart when I indulge in my new favorite meal. So after begging for the recipe and tweaking it a bit to fit our family, per her recommendations, here it is:

 
This meal takes about an hour to cook, but the hands on time is minimal. It also doubles easily, making it the perfect meal to bring to a friend in need. Thanks Diane!!

     Directions:
  • mix together tomato sauce, vinegar, garlic, chili powder, cumin, oregano, and sugar. 
  • heat oil in large skillet or dutch oven over medium-high heat
  • once the oil is nice and hot, add the whole chicken breasts, cooking until light golden brown on both sides
  • add the tomato sauce mix from the first step to pan and bring to a boil
  • lower heat, cover, and simmer, about 20 minutes or until until cooked through. if the sauce does not cover the chicken breasts, flip once mid way through
  • transfer chicken to cutting board and shred
  • transfer chicken back to pan, mixing to combine
  • continue to cook while you prep the toppings, about 10 minutes
  • be sure to serve in warm corn totillas, my favorite!

5 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm so glad you love this, too! Those first days with our little ones were crazy times... but some of the best! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're the best for posting this. I'm trying to cook more meals at home for myself, and this seems perfect for a cooking newb like me :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks delicious! I'll definitely have to put this on my list of recipes to try.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Land Of Nod: Design for Kids and People That Used to be Kids