Nine to Five: Bianca


Welcome to nine to five, a blog series to inspire your wardrobe and provide a punch of energy to your work week. Today we have Bianca, a marathon runner, with a positive attitude towards life balance, in search of the perfect kelly green dress, circa 1950. {A Lust for All Seasons} Ooh, don't forget to check out her style with Alex!


 :: Describe your work environment from a style perspective (i.e. traditional business professional, stuffy corporate, laid back artsy, kid friendly, etc.) ::
I work in a super small office as a digital marketing manager. About 75 percent of the time, I'm the only one in, and there are never more than 5 people total. As a result, I have complete freedom when it comes to what I wear -- I can pretty much wear whatever I want (hence the hot pink pants). That said, I believe that dressing well and professionally makes you a better worker so even though I could get away with it, you'll never see me in a sweatshirt or anything too casual.

 :: What are your nine to five staples? (go to brands, or key items) ::
I live in blazers, wrap dresses, and boots in the winter/flats in the summer. I'd love to be the kind of girl who can rock 4 inch heels from 9 to 5 but the reality is, I commute via T and do A LOT of walking. I also recently became a fan of stylish backpacks. I carry so much stuff with me -- my lunch, my camera, my gym clothes -- and it was getting ridiculously heavy. I decided backpacks were hip again and rock this one on the regular.

 :: Does blogging make you a better employee at your day job? ::
I think my blog and my day job help each other out. I'm constantly learning something about social media, website tracking, SEO, audience engagement, etc. that I can use in both my lives.

 :: Do you view blogging as a means of recording life, or as the start of an alternative career? :: 
It's definitely more to record my life. But that said, I also think it's a great way to make new friends and connect with others who have similar interests to you! It's hard to meet new people when you're done with college and working full time and I find blogging is a great way to create a new sense of community.

 :: Is blogging your main outlet, or do you also write novels, run marathons, and knit all of your own sweaters? ::
I'm a big runner and I'm training for my second marathon in October. Running is a way for me to collect my thoughts and daydream -- and the blog is where I share those thoughts with the world.

 :: How do you find time to do it all? When do you blog? ::
Blogging is fun for me and I don't ever want it to not be fun so if I don't feel like blogging, I won't. I'd rather have quality content over quantity and if I don't have time -- too much work, too much running --- then I sit the day or week out.

 :: Finaly, what have you been pinning lately? What are the items you are just dying to add to your work wardrobe? ::
I'm super into sheath 1950s-style dresses. I want one in kelly green and I'd wear it with a cheetah print belt and magenta pumps. I can't find one anywhere so please let me know if you have any idea where I can find one. And in terms of pinning -- I recently got engaged so it's a lot of wedding stuff. And by wedding stuff I mean wedding hair and bridesmaid dresses.



We are thrilled to have hosted Bianca today. Be sure to check out all of here secrets to getting this look over on the saga of a twenty-something! Psst...have a question you would love answered? Or want to be featured as part of this series? email us!

3 comments:

  1. I am addicted to Nine to Five. Not that I could wear neon pants to the office as a lawyer, but I do love to see what other people wear to work. Digging the backpack trend. Although backpacks on public transit is a dangerous combination.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Bianca and absolutely adored her interview. I wish I could rock pink pants at work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha I love that we come from such similar little offices! Still wish I had the courage to rock those as well as she does though!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Land Of Nod: Design for Kids and People That Used to be Kids